Friday, March 7, 2008

LAUGH 'TIL YOU CRY...


Comedy can be enlightening.
It can also be a bludgeon in which to ridicule the ridiculous.
This week in Parliament and Canadian politics has been just such a subject that is so deserving of some ridicule. For the next few moments, the captain will be lowering the partisan shield. Please observe all the signs.
So, with no further ado, here are just a few of my favourite lines from a few of my favourite funny films and the people that keep them alive today...


-"Surely you can't be serious."
"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." - Airplane

-"Three men and one woman are trapped in a building! Send help at once! If you can't send help, send two more women!" - Duck Soup

-"It's Dr. Evil, I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "mister," thank you very much." - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

-"I think your some kind of deviated prevert. I think general Ripper found out about your preversion and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts." - Dr Strangelove

-"Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" - Monty Python's Holy Grail

-"I believe you have my stapler." - Office Space

No comments: