Monday, February 5, 2007

Welcome to what I hope will be a regular soapbox on the meandering thoughts of an Air Force brat in middle age. Politics, especially Canadian politics, will fuel a lot of my rants and raves, but there will be forays into avenues of entertainment, amusement and the odd, just to round out the discourse.
Whether or not this becomes a discussion or a one-man band talking to himself all depends upon you.
One of the great minds of the 20th Century once called the cinema the greatest toy a man-boy could ever hope for. I would suggest, had he lived to see the 21st Century, he might add the internet and specifically the blog.
When media concentration effectively reduced the voices of the people to a recorded message, the blogsphere presented an open wedge in which to bleed out all that bewitches us.
Opinions are everywhere, and while insight is a rarity, the act of shouting out to the world is an opium.
I hope, in my small, humble manner, I can provide a little balm for your soul.
I remain your obedient servant — Burl

No comments: