Thursday, April 12, 2007

A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN...


I wasn't too keen when I first heard the rumours, but when you consider the strategic value of this partnership, it certainly has way-more pluses than negatives. Dion and May have been singing a similar tune for nearly 3 years now, and while EM's fondness for Mulrooney is like me admitting to liking that ol' mullet I use to wear in the early '80s, she has a refreshing candidness to her that makes all those whacky endorsements fade away.
Dion, on the otherhand, has been struggling to get past the environment issue. Many pundits claim that this move will only cement his feet even more to the greenery, I believe it could actually free him up to appeal, well, more polished and statesmanlike. Here's a politician who isn't trying to knee-cap someone who could cost him an election. Instead, he sees some very strong common links that he says Liberals should be aware of. For the loyal Grits in Central Nova who are hurt by the expected endorsement today, I can only say I feel your pain. Our provincial body has thrusted a candidate upon us who knows little of the riding and who apparently is going into this race using it as a training ground for a future run in a 'better riding.'
It stings but, hey, what can you do? I believe 100% that Dion has the best interest of Canada and the Liberal Party at heart. So I'll have to reluctantly disagree with Kermit, at least this once, and say It's easy being Green (if you're in Central Nova)...
Hopefully, we can say 'Welcome to the Cabinet, Lizzie!' following Harpor's next folly.

1 comment:

Budd Campbell said...

You're so incredibly fake. No wonder you have no comments on your imitation blog. Why do you keep this thing going, anyway?